Many people fails during courtship,
which made me thing of composing
this simple message for you people.
1. Leave the past in the past
When you meet someone new, leave
negative feelings or past heartbreaks
just where they should be—in the
2. You won’t meet someone new
your living room
Well, maybe a cute guy will deliver
new sofa, but chances are you’re
going to meet someone by getting
out there and trying new things—
online dating, taking a class, etc. Tell
everyone, especially your married
friends, that you’re looking to meet
someone and ALWAYS go to parties.
Because you truly never know who
3. Give the guy a chance
When you were 20 your list was “he
must be tall, dark and handsome.”
Try going against type. It just might
be a perfect fit.
4. Look at blind dates like a first
Two of the authors of our book met
husbands on blind dates, and you
can too! If you’re not sure you want
to sit in a noisy restaurant, go out
something fun. One of our Garter
went to a baseball game, and she
and her date each brought a friend.
They had a blast and got married
one year later.
5. Time is on your side
Take your time in getting to know
guy and don’t feel in a rush to meet
children or have him meet yours. It
starts with the two of you. Make
sure this is someone you want in
6. Isn’t it romantic?
Just because you’re meeting the love
of your life later in life doesn’t mean
you can’t still have passionate,
The Garter Brides say “Go for it!”
7. Someone to come home to
When you’re ready to move in
you will discover how wonderful it is
come home to the one you love. Be
prepared for some give and take—
example, over which of each others’
belongings stay or go.
8. What’s up with a pre-nup?
Remember that a pre-nup isn’t
you think your marriage isn’t going
work—it’s so you get to decide how
assets and everything you’ve worked
can be protected.
9. Your wedding, your way
Now you’re in love and it’s time to
your wedding exactly how you want
The Garter Brides have had all kinds
weddings! Remember it is all about
and the man of your dreams.
you want is the way to go.
10. Happily ever after can happen
Remember what the Garter Brides
always say: “It’s never too late to
find true love.
As women, the loud ticking of our
biological clocks sometimes causes us
to make some really dumb decisions
when it comes to the men we
choose to be our mates. I am no
exception. Having reviewed past
relationships to figure out why they
out, I realized that I made poor
decisions with the
men I dated because they were a
reflection of how I felt about myself
at the time. I was able to
recognize my foolishness (and theirs)
for what it
was: a lack of self-worth that
allowed me to settle
for less than I deserved. Although I
all of these types of men, I certainly
who have, and now know to steer
immediately once I see any of these
coming my way:
1. The Easily
There is nothing wrong with being a
independent woman who still knows
how to let a
man take the lead. If you’re a
woman who knows what she wants
and isn’t afraid to walk in her power,
then you need a man who isn’t
embrace that fact, and even
celebrate it. If a man tells you that
he’s intimidated by you, he’s most
likely not the one for you.
2. The Cocky One
Confidence in a man is an attractive
however, there is a fine line between
confident and cocky. A confident
man doesn’t need to name drop to
prove his importance—his aura does
that for him. A confident man
doesn’t need to brag about
his accomplishments—they will
themselves. A confident man is
secure in who he
is. I’ve learned that the more cocky a
man is, the
more insecure he is. His bravado is a
covering up whatever he feels
Eventually, those insecurities will
out in your relationship.
3. The Man With “Potential”
We’ve all done it. We’ve dated
although in a different place than
we are in life—
we’ve given the benefit of the doubt
saw their “potential.” Unfortunately,
that potential often goes unrealized
and we become resentful
when the broken promises start
piling up. This doesn’t mean that you
should write off all men who you
see are at the beginning of their
hustle; it does mean that if all you
hear is talk of the hustle and
there’s no action to back it up, you
should keep it
4. The Overly Spiritual
A man who loves the Lord is a man
after my own
heart. A man who uses the Bible to
criticize and control can be
dangerous. For those of us who put
God first, we usually want someone
who shares that belief. If a man pulls
out a Bible
scripture every time he sees you’ve
something wrong, or wants to call
out someone else who has, he’s most
ring up his own transgressions by
attention from them, onto other
5. The “Underly” Spiritual
On the flip side, I’ve dated men who
my spiritual walk; something I
I thought I could pray some sense
into them. The problem with that is
that we end up compromising
our beliefs to keep a man whose
walk is not aligned
with our own. My greatest lesson has
been not to entertain any
relationship where the most
important part of who I am—my
spirit—is not at peace with theirs.
Women’s intuition is a wonderful
gift. This is the perfect time to listen to it
Do you know?
1. The sentence “THE QUICK BROWN
FOX JUMPS OVER THE LAZY DOG”
uses every letter in the alphabet.
2. The only 15 letters word that can
be spelled without repeating letter is
3. The word “LETHOLOGICA”
describes the state of not being able
to remember the word you want.
4. The highest scoring in the game
scrabble is ‘QUARTZY’.
5. RHYTHM and SYZYGY are the
longest English word without vowel.
6. The word ‘QUEUE’ is the only
word in the English language that is
still pronounced the same way when
the last four letters are removed.
7. The dot over the letter “i” is called
8. STEWARDESSES and
REVERBERATED are the longest word
that is typed with only the left hand.
9. TYPEWRITER is the longest word
that can be made using the letters
only on one row of the keyboard.
10. The “SIXTH SICK SHEIK’S SIXTH
SHEEP’S SICK” is the toughest tongue
twisting in English language. If not
give me urs.
1. You breathe on average about 5
million times a
2. Months that begin on a Sunday
always have a
Friday the 13th in them.
3. You are born with 300 bones, by
the time you
are an adult you will have 206.
4. The average lead pencil will write
a line about
35 miles long or write approximately
5. One fourth of the bones in your
body are in
6. The average person spends 2
weeks of their
lifetime waiting for the light to
change from red
7. It takes more calories to eat a
piece of celery
than the celery has in it.
8. The present population is expected
to rise to 15
Billion by the year 2080.
9. The largest recorded snowflake
was 15 inches
wide and 8 inches thick.
10. The tip of a bullwhip moves so
fast that the
sound it makes is actually a tiny
11. Native Americans used to name
after the first thing they saw as they
tepees after their children were
born, hence the
names Sitting Bull and Running
12. The Matami Tribe of West Africa
own version of football, instead of a
football they use a human skull.
13. Coca-Cola would be green if the
14. During the 17th Century, the
Sultan of Turkey
ordered his hole harem of women to
drowned and replaced with a new
15. Coffins used for cremation are
with plastic handles.
16. “Almost” is the longest letter in
language with all the letters in
17. Human thigh bones are stronger
18. Cockroaches can live several
weeks with their
heads cut off.
19. It is impossible to sneeze with
your eyes open.
We dare you, give it a try!
20. A Ten Gallon Hat will only hold
3/4 of a Gallon.
21. Of all the words in the English
word “SET” has the most definitions.
22. It is against the law to burp, or
sneeze inside a
church in Nebraska.
23. In 1386 a pig in France was
executed by public
hanging for the murder of a child.
24. Earth is the only planet not
named after a god.
25. The world’s oldest piece of
chewing gum is over
9,000 years old!
26. Scientists have tracked butterflies
over 3,000 miles.
27. The silkworm consumes 86,000
times its own
weight in 56 days.
28. If removed from the stress of the
the average human would sleep
about 10 hours
29. To produce a single pound of
honey, a single
bee would have to visit 2 million
30. A colony of 500 bats can eat
250,000 insects in an hour.
31. One in Five adults believe that
aliens are hiding
in our planet disguised as humans.
32. Travelling masseuses in ancient
required by law to be blind.
33. The bloodhound is the only
evidence is admissible in court.
34. James Fixx, the man who
in America died of a heart attack
35. The average American spends
about a year and
a half of his or her life watching
on television. What are you doing?!
Get out and
spend that year and a half doing
36. Ancient Greeks practiced a form
birth control that consisted of having
hold her breath, making her squat,
37. The FDA permits up to 5 whole
insects per 100
grams of apple butter.
38. There are no naturally occurring
even blueberries are purple!
39. The skeleton of Jeremy Bentham
is present in
all the important meetings of the
40. The elephant is the only mammal
41. Just like fingerprints, everyone’s
42. The longest recorded flight of a
chicken is 13
43. 400 Quarter Pounders can be
made from a
44. Only 38% of Americans eat
breakfast every day.
45. 111,111,111 x 111,111,111 =
46. 11% of the World is left handed.
47. A “Jiffy” is the scientific name for
1/100th of a
48. A Boeing 747’s wingspan is longer
Wright brothers’ first flight.
49. A broken clock is right two times
50. A duck’s quack doesn’t echo
anywhere, no one