Ladies, if you have always been confused in knowing how exactly your man feels about you, this will definitely help you.
1. He messages you cute little inside jokes throughout the day. First off, having couple-y inside jokes? Pretty adorable. Maybe he sees something that reminds him of his pet name for you or sends you a Vine that perfectly encapsulates how you are when you’re hangry. He’s just always trying to make you smile. To be fair, though, inside jokes for couples are only cute for the couple that has them. From the outside looking in, they’re lame as hell. It’s sort of like riding a hoverboard. Everyone else thinks you’re an idiot, but you’re like, “Whatever. I’m having a great time on this hoverboard.”
2. He’s always surprising you with something on his way home. Whether he stopped off at a gas station to buy you the Twix you mentioned you were craving or brings you flowers “just because,” it means he saw something that made him think of you. It doesn’t mean a big financial gesture, it just means remembering things that matter to you.
3. He follows up on conversations you’ve had. He texts you to find out what happened with your meeting at work or what Stacey just “had to tell you over drinks.” Either the guy is secretly obsessed with gossip, or he legitimately cares so much he needs to know what’s going on in your life.
4. Everything reminds him of you, and sometimes it’s a reach. Maybe sometimes you’ll get a picture of some napkins with the caption, “lol remember?” And when you reply with “???” he’s got some distant memory he can’t believe you didn’t immediately recall. “Don’t you remember on our first date when you needed a napkin?” And then he gets hurt that you don’t. It would be sad if it weren’t sort of cute to you.
5. He messages you first thing in the morning and right before he goes to bed. You’re always the first and last person he wants to talk to. You can tell he’s always excited to tell you about his day.
6. He remembers insane anniversaries. “This is the anniversary of our first date” is probably about as far back as most couples go. He remembers the first text, first sleepover, first time you had $ex. He has a beautiful mind for your relationship. And he’s so casual about it. He’s like a relationship Terminator, except instead of being good at wielding robotic weaponry, he’s good at snuggling.
7. He always messages you when he’s out. Just little things like, “Missing you.” But even when he’s out with friends or on a business trip, he’s still thinking of you. And you love knowing that you’re always on his mind.
8. His gifts are so specific and personalized that they put yours to shame. He somehow manages to get you exactly what you want for birthdays and holidays. Sometimes it’s something you didn’t even know you wanted, and he still nails it. And then you’re like, “Here’s an iTunes gift card,” and you cry in the bathroom.
9. Sometimes he texts you just as you’re about to text him. And then you do that thing where you’re like, “OMG, no seriously, I was just about to text you, but for real, like, you have no idea I was literally typing a message when you sent that.” And he’s all, “lol k.”
10. Sometimes he’ll post throwback pictures of the two of you “just because.” But you know it’s really because he was sitting at home going through old pictures and missing you.
Published on 20th August 2016 in Lifestyle at 4:30 pm